10.31.2014

Witchy Woman

IMG_52921

Sweater: Idlewood by Cecily Glowik MacDonald; madelinetosh 80/10/10 worsted in venetian; my notes and modifications on Idle in St. Marks
Skirt: bcbgeneration "neoprene" pleated skirt (just saw it's on HauteLook today); similar style by Alythea
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik knee-high black boots; some others I've been eyeing include these rather reasonably priced suede ones from Joie which are also available in blue and burgundy (which I adore and want to try on), and these unreasonably priced onces from Gianvito Rossi
Gloves: black leather, elbow length, from a store in Florence; easily found stateside at places like Lord & Taylor
Lips: Korres mango butter lipstick in nude PLUS Bobbi Brown high shimmer lip gloss in Hot

So I don't really do Halloween, but that doesn't mean I can't end up with a totally crazy mashup outfit that's part witch and part ballerina, right? These tights, by the way, were billed as "nude" when I bought them, but when they arrived and were ballerina pink, I decied what the heck, they'll go with everything anyway! I went with black eyeliner and the severe ponytail (newsflash: still no haircut - maybe next weekend), and the black high boots and long gloves. Festive, no?

I have such mixed feelings about this sweater. I absolutely love it. I love the fit, I love the style, I love the color. The yarn...can you tell form the photo that it has not exactly held up as one would hope? I look like a fricking muppet in person because it is so pilly. Now the sweater is knit on huge needles so it would be really easy (ish) to just make another, but the thing is, while the pattern is easy and relatively quick, it is also objectively boring. It is miles and miles and miles of stockinette cowl and I just don't have it in me right now. Also, I don't have a substitute yarn and I definitely do not need to acquire more yarn.

On a housekeeping note: I received a gorgeous skein of yarn as part of a kickstarter reward that I mean to photograph and publicize. Apologies that this has not been done yet. Additionally, in a rare event, I intend to photograph a WIP because I am so darned pleased with the colorwork. Happy Halloween, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment